"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you
didn't do, than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away
from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.


Explore. Dream. Discover."

-Mark Twain

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Port Elgin

The weather is cool, windy and drizzling, so we decided to stay put today. It will give us a chance to get some things done on the boat. Jim has a hand rail repair, and I need to do a good cleaning. So nothing exciting today. The marina office told us that Tobermory is about 70 nautical miles away, with no marinas along the way. So we will watch the weather and leave when we have a full day of decent weather. I hope every one is having a great summer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mary & Jim,

I love all your wonderful descriptions of where you are and have been and the pictures are beautiful. I must say, I wish I were with you. Today was also rainy here and muggy--not hot, not cool. I think I mentioned my brother is coming to help me on Tuesday. My kids have been scared to death because they are sure his mission is to get me to get a realtor in here and a sign on the front lawn. Not going to happen--I must first find a place to live that is a viable possibility. Mary, if I do put the house up before you return from your wonderful voyage, who should I call in your office? I am not planning on it soon but I do want it with Keller Williams.

Another comment soon.
Luv Ya, Sheron

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys,
It looks like your having a great time. We are enjoying what is left of our summer, today it is supposed to be 92....bout time. I don't see any pics of fish? No time or no fish? Be safe.
Love, Bill and Jenny